The many events listed on this site are organized by different groups spread across the US and Canada, and different events have different formats. Some event organizers choose to use this site (IAGSDC.ORG) to handle their registration; some organizers advertise on IAGSDC.ORG but choose to handle registration on their own website; and some organizers choose to handle registration manually.
If you are interested in registering for an event, you will first need to determine how the event organizers have chosen to handle registration. To do that:
- Click on the "All Events" button on the home page of IAGSDC.ORG, or choose "List Events (Register Here)" from the "Events" menu. These two actions are equivalent, and either one will produce a list of all events currently being advertised on IAGSDC.ORG. Note that the list is for upcoming (future) events only; if you're searching for an event that has already taken place, you'll need to select "Calendar" from the "Events" menu, which will allow you to scroll backwards in time.
- Events in the Events List are presented in ascending order by date -- that is, events that are closer in time sort to the top of the list, while events farther away in time sort towards the bottom of the list.
- If you know the name of the event you're looking for, or if you are looking for events where a certain caller is calling, you can use the search boxes at the top of the list to type in part or all of the event name or the caller name to narrow you search. Scroll through the list or use the search boxes to find the event you're interested in.
- Looking at the column headings at the top of the list, you'll see that the following information is provided for each event: Event Date, Event Name, Caller(s), Location, Website, and Register.
- When you’ve found your event, the "Register" column at the far right will tell you whether or not the event is using IAGSDC.ORG for registration. If the event is using this site for registration, it will say “Register” if you are logged in, or “Login to Register” if you are not logged in.
- If you determine that the event you wish to attend is using IAGSDC.ORG for registration, you must log in to register. Once you are logged in, locate the event and click on the word Register on the line associated with your event to bring up the registration page. Enter the required information, and press Save Registration. You are now registered for the event, and should receive a confirmation email. PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTERING FOR AN EVENT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS PAYING. Registering without paying does not guarantee access to an early-bird rate, if there is one.
- If your event is not using IAGSDC.ORG for registration, there are two places to look for registration information:
- If the event organizers have their own website, there should be a link to it in the “Website” column next to the “Register” column near the right-hand side of the page. Click on the website link to open the event website in a new page in your browser to learn about the event, and to find out how the organizers are handling registration.
- If the organizers do not have a website (or even if they do), they may have provided a way to download registration documents on IAGSDC.ORG. For more information, and to see if there are downloadable registration forms, click on the Event Name that’s just to the right of the Event Date in the events list. That will take you to a page with all the information the event organizers have provided to IAGSDC.ORG for their event. If they included an event flyer and/or a registration form, those forms will be available on this page.
- Once you have registered, you will be able to view and edit your registration by going to Members -> My Registrations on IAGSDC.ORG. There you can view all the events you have registered for on IAGSDC.ORG. You can also see your payment status, and you can edit your registration to select your meal, etc. If no payments have been entered for the registration, you can delete it. If payments have been entered but you cannot attend, you will have to contact the event organizers to cancel your registration, and to process a refund if refunds are offered.